West Greene High School
California and Waynesburg Universities
- Three-year football letterman as quarterback and defensive back for head coach Larry Piper.
Three-year wrestling letterman and a 145-pound section runner-up under head coach Buzz Walters.
- Three-year track and field letterman under head coach Buzz Walters. He was part of the 1972 880-relay team which placed 6th in the WPIAL.
- One-year letterman and starting point guard who averaged 10 points per game in basketball.
- After lettering as a freshman safety at Cal State under Elmo Natali, Bristor transferred to Waynesburg College, where he was a three-year letterman at defensive back for Hayden Buckley. He had a school-record 86-yard interception touchdown return against Geneva.
- He earned second-team All NAIA District 18 honors for defense in 1976.
- Bristor also competed in baseball (2 years) and track and field at Waynesburg, where he helped the 4×100 and 880-relay teams set school records, including a 3rd-place 880-relay finish at the WVU Mountaineer relays.
- He competed in NFL training camps with Miami (1978), San Francisco (1979) and Green Bay (1980).
- A recent inductee into West Greene’s Pioneer Hall of Fame, John served as an assistant football coach at both West Greene and Waynesburg.
- Bristor played men’s softball for more than 25 years in the Greene County, Ten Mile and Mon Valley Leagues. He competed in a softball World Tournament in Cincinnati, OH.