MARTIN F. “MOE” STRNISHA
– Olympic class soccer player for 15 years
– Olympic Inter-Regional Trials
– Pan-American Trial Game
– Two-time Washington County Soccer League All-Star
– Numerous honors
– After serving his country in the United States Army and World War II ended, Moe played for area soccer clubs as local teams were formed and leagues expanded.
1947 – 1960s: Washington County Soccer League – Played Fullback for SNPJ, Lincoln Hill, Arden, Mather and Roscoe Soccer Clubs.
Keystone Soccer League – Played for Castle Shannon.
1950 – Left Fullback for the SNPJ Lodge 617 representing the Lincoln Hill Soccer Club.
1951 – Named Outstanding Player by the referees as Right Fullback for Lincoln Hill.
– Chosen by the Washington County Soccer League Olympic Committee for Olympic tryouts.
– Scored a goal on a penalty kick for Lincoln Hill in a National Amateur Cup Game.
– Selected by the Olympic Committee of the Washington County Soccer League to represent the league at the Final District Olympic Tryout Game.
– National Open Cup and West Penn Cup Games.
– Selected by the West Penn Olympic Soccer Committee for Olympic Trials in Chicago to compete for a berth on the 1952 United States Olympic Soccer Team in Helsinki, Finland.
1952 – Lincoln Hill Soccer Club – Fullback and moved to Center Forward as needed.
– Multiple hat-tricks.
– A Washington County Soccer League leading scorer.
– United States Soccer Football Association (USSFA) Western Olympic Soccer Trials in Chicago representing West Pennsylvania.
– Named Outstanding Player for Lincoln Hill.
1959 – Selected by the Western Pennsylvania Soccer Football Association to play in the Pan American Trial Game.