Butler High School
BASKETBALL AND SOFTBALL
*Was the WPIAL Section 2 scoring champion his senior season and received numerous honors, including being selected to the Dapper Dan Roundball Classic, Pittsburgh Press Terrific Twenty, and Pittsburgh Post-Gazette All Star Team.
*He was inducted into the Butler Area Sports Hall of Fame in 1993.
- A four-year starter and two-year captain, he graduated in 1985 as the program’s career-leading scorer with 1,916 points.
- A two-time NAIA District 18 All Star, Stanley helped the Yellow Jackets win two NAIA District 18 championships.
- He was a Pittsburgh Press Small College First-Team All Star and a Pittsburgh Post-Gazette Small College First Five selection.
- At Australia National Basketball League
- A First-Team All Star with the Melbourne Tigers, he averaged 32.5 points, second-best in in the league. This included averaging 27.5 points n victories over Georgetown and UConn in a Big East Tournament.
- In 1987 with the Hobart Tassie Devils, Stanley, a NBL All Star, won the league scoring championship (35 ppg) and became the fastest NBL player to reach both 1,000 and 2,000 career points.
- His career MBL scoring average was 32.6 points per game.
- In both ASA and USSSA competition, Stanley, an infielder and outfielder, was a 31-time National Champion, 40-time All World All-American selection and three-time World Series MVP, who is now a Senior Pro with DeMarini Sports.
- In 2002 while with Florida Heat/ Worth, he helped the team win three different national championships. He played on five different teams since starting in 1980.
- Paul was a 2023 Amateur Softball Association of Pennsylvania Hall of Fame inductee and was inducted into the Butler County Sports Hall of Fame in 1993.
- He is the owner of Shooting Star Basketball and a partner in Remark Promotions.