Ringgold High School
University of Akron/Washington & Jefferson College
- Was a three-year all-conference starter on defense and two-year all-conference offensive starter at Ringgold, where he helped the Rams win the 1987 Big Ten Conference title.
- Set a then-school record his 1989 senior season with 82 solo and 112 total tackles
After receiving preseason honors from Joe Butler Metro Scouting Index and other media outlets, Ramont was a third-team All-State selection in 1989 as well as earning “Fabulous 22”, All-County and All Mon Valley accolades.
- Received a full scholarship to Akron, where he was a three-year letterman who was third in scoring while earning All-MAC honors as a freshman.
- In 1994 he earned second-team all-conference, was second on the team in rushing with 865 yards and eight touchdowns while helping the Presidents reach the NCAA Division III National Championship game.
- Had a tryout with the Hamilton (Ont.) Cats of the Canadian Football League and made the final cut before suffering a knee injury.
- Coached various football positions and roles at Trinity, Ringgold, W&J, Geibel, Monessen, Charleroi, and Brownsville, where he was the head coach.
- He started the track and field program at Monessen in 2007 and helped produce three WPIAL champions, a PIAA state champion, two PIAA finalists, and three Mon Valley team co-championships.
- He has also coached Ringgold’s Midget League football team to four championships and three runners-up finishes.