REV. DR. ROGER RAYMOND FISCHER
2012 – TRIATHLON
• Finisher of the Ironman Triathlon at Kona, Hawaii consisting of a 2.4 mile ocean swim, a 112 mile bicycle ride and 26.2 mile marathon run through the lava fields twice in the 1980s.
• In 2004 finished a sectional hike of the entire 2174 miles of the Appalachian Trail.
• In 2008 at age 67, rode his bicycle across the United States in sections in 58.5 days covering 3659 miles.
• High school and college letterman in track and cross country.
• Ran the mile, half mile and quarter mile in the mile relay in high school and college.
• Received the Presidential Council on Physical Fitness Sports Award for running. Finisher of the New York (4) Boston (4) Pittsburgh (5) Honolulu, Philadelphia Johnstown, Presque Isle and Waynesburg to Washington marathons and a finisher of many, many 10K, 5K, 20K and 10 mile runs.
• Founder and race director of the 10K Washington Express Race.
• Five time finisher of the 51 mile bicycle ride around the 5 Boroughs of New York City.
• Winner of the Keystone Trail and Appalachian Trail Awards.
• Red Cross, YMCA and Boy Scout Water Safety instructor.
• Merit Badge Counselor for the Boy Scouts and YMCA church league basketball coach.
• Member of the Pennsylvania Governor’s Physical Fitness Council.
• Long time member of the Pennsylvania House of Representatives.
• WPIAL relays medal for the 4 mile relay.
• Presidents Athletic Conference medal for the mile relay.
• Washington County Track Coaches meet medal.
• 1983 Winner of the Harrisburg Mile Run.
• Inducted into the Washington High School Wall of Fame.